Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dreaming of Wool...

For the past few nights, I have dreamed about wool.  All kinds of wool.  Raw wool, wool yarn, felted wool, finished wool products, and even the sheep, covered in wool!  Why?  Well, I do love wool.  I am also very excited about some wool batting, white and dyed, that I ordered.  I have a few projects in mind and I've been brainstorming with my mom about them.   We've both been getting excited about this.  She is a talented artist and is always fun to talk to about creative projects.  And, we don't do things like this lightly.  She's even talking about getting some sheep again.  She grew up raising sheep on the family farm with her father and always loved them, even if Grandpa didn't.  She would possibly get Shetland sheep, or maybe Icelandic.  Mom already sells her pottery in a local store that is an artists cooperative, and through various other outlets, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to include a wool line, either wool yarn or finished products.  Probably some things involving wet felting or needle felting or some supplies for either.  Wool is so versatile, there are so many options!  This reminds me of the days when we were just dreaming up the idea for her pottery business.  I guess we'll see how far it goes this time.  First, though, I'm going to make us some nice, funky, wool dryer balls!  ....and some kind of toy for Moon Baby....   hmmm...... a bear? a doll?  I'm guessing that I'll be dreaming about wool for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment